Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Monday, June 27, 2011

Doubt, belief, knowing...

Some time ago, a friend of mine "diagnosed" me as suffering from "toxic doubt" because I often challenged his philosophical/spiritual beliefs.

He may be right. I don't know.

See? There I go toxically doubting him again...

The life of a Skeptic is not an easy one, I tell you....

8 Comments:

Blogger A Scouser In Exile said...

Yes, but but he who doubts not is simply a fool. I know what I would rather be. It's all a question of "balance".

N/

June 28, 2011 8:19 AM  
Blogger lemmiwinks said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 28, 2011 9:42 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Scouser, welcome. Have you been here before? Rings a bell...

Anyway, ya Pommie bastard, welcome.

:-)

June 29, 2011 9:43 AM  
Blogger Davoh said...

Doubt, methinks, has always been the driving force of survivors.

June 29, 2011 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@lemmiwinks: you don't think doubt is toxic unless it is doubt of established facts? Isn't that precisely what Gerry's 'friend' was saying? It's just that the 'friend' regards something as an established fact and Gerry doesn't.

@Gerry: it's a bit sad when even your 'friends' call you names, innit? Perhaps Rocinante will attract a better class of friend.

June 30, 2011 5:52 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

@AndrewM: I'm used to being called names. :-) It's apparently my karma. About Rocinante attacting a better class of friends, I _can_ tell you that I'm getting heaps more nods from other riders than I did when riding the Super Sherpa. Not sure what that means... ;-)

June 30, 2011 6:11 PM  
Blogger lemmiwinks said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 01, 2011 8:55 AM  
Blogger Davoh said...

"doubt" is healthy .. only becomes "toxic" if it seriously infects 'enthusiasm', 'imagination', endeavour .. or reality.

July 02, 2011 1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========